It can often be the case that we need luxury items, such as clothes but cannot justify buying them. It might be that we will be able to save up to buy them but it is not always that easy to work out what we need to do in order to do this. There are some ideas below.
- Know how much money you need – it is wise to start by thinking about what clothing you want and how much it costs. It is better to have an amount to aim for rather than just considering getting some money and then seeing what you can get. You could end up disappointed if you work hard to save up some money and then find that you still do not have enough. Obviously, if it takes you a long time to save, the specific clothing may no longer be available but the price of similar items is likely to be quite similar still.
- Check savings account – many people will not bother to look at their savings when they are thinking of budgeting for something new. They might feel that they need the savings for a real emergency or they might be saving up for something specific. Some people might not even realise that they have enough in their savings account to cover the cost. Therefore, it is worth taking a look at what you have and giving some thought to whether you want to use that money.
- Consider borrowing – you might decide that you want to borrow the money that you need. If you need the clothes urgently, perhaps for an occasion that is coming up or for work, then you may not be able to wait until you can save up. You can still use budgeting though. You will need to take out a loan for as little as possible and make sure that you can afford the repayments. Make sure that you budget carefully so that you can afford the repayments until the loan is paid off in full.
- Always compare prices – when you are buying things always compare the prices. Whether you are buying electricity or a new phone, food or petrol it is good to compare prices so that you never pay more than necessary. Every but of money that you save will be able to go towards your new clothing. Some of the savings you might want to keep up with and so you can always pay less but some things you may find you prefer the more expensive versions as they are better quality. You will not know until you try though.
- Only buy what you need – we all buy more than we need. There are often things that tempt us when we are shopping or we go out to buy things that we like or want rather than need. This is fine when you can afford it but if you cannot then it is something that you need to be careful of. You need to think hard about each purchase. It could be that it is something you really want to have or that you need but you can wait a while for it. This means that you could wait until after you have bought the clothes that you need. Or it could be that you decide you do not really need it very much at all and will be able to go without it entirely.
- Look for earning opportunities – it can be handy to also look out for opportunities to earn a bit more money. There are plenty of possibilities but it all depends on whether you have the time to do it. You can look online or offline and look for temporary, freelance or other types of work. This will allow you to have a bit more income which will help you to afford the clothing that you need.
As you can see there are plenty of things that you can try which will enable you to be able to afford the clothing that you need. It will depend on how much it costs and how many you can do as to how quickly you can get them. Borrowing will always be an option if you need them really quickly but otherwise there are different things that you can do to help you to save up the money. Just remember to keep focussed and remind yourself why you are being so careful with your money so that you do not accidently spend it on something else. It can turn out to be quite fun as you can get a lot of pleasure out of realising that you have worked hard to get something. When you go to buy it, you know that you really deserve it and it can be a really good thrill.READ MORE
If you decide that you would like to sell things online then it is important to know how to make the most money from it. It does have costs and so you may find that you are not making money from it. You need to be aware of the costs and how to maximise your income.
What are the costs?
To start with you need to think about how much it will cost you to sell items. As well as the cost of the items that you are buying to sell on there will be other costs as well. You will need to cover the costs of postage and packaging if you are posting out, although you may charge for those separately. You will need to also cover the cost of any listing fees or selling fees depending on where you sell the items. You will also have to think about how you will be processing the payments for the items and how much this will cost. If you need to store items that you buy and they are big, then you might need to think about getting some storage space for them and you will have to rent that. You may also have to decide whether you want to take out insurance and allow for the cost of that as well.
What should I sell?
Deciding what to sell is something which can be very difficult. It is the most important decision that you will make as you will be investing money in the stock that you buy. It can therefore be wise not to buy too much to start with as it may not sell and you will need to find another way to get rid of it and this may not make you any profit. To decide what to sell you should be doing a lot of research, So, think about items that you know something about. You will need to know whether the stock you are buying is good value for money and experience of this sort of product will allow you to do this. Look at the types of places that you intend to sell in order to see whether there are lots of other people selling the same thing. Look at what they are charging to see whether you could compete with them and still make a profit.
Where should I sell?
It is really important to sell your items in the right place. You need to look at different places that people sell items both online and offline and think about where items like yours tend to be sold. It is wise to sell in a place where other people tend to sell similar items as this means that you will be in a place where customers will know where to find you. Of course, you may decide to sell form your own website but you will need to advertise to make sure that people know where to find you and make sure that they trust you by putting reassuring messages and having an SSL certificate.
How much should I sell for?
Choosing how much to sell products for can be really tricky. It is important to make sure that you are selling for enough money to cover all of your costs and make some profit or else there is no point in you selling the products at all. However, if you make them too expensive no one will buy them. It is good to see what other people are selling the items for and whether you think that you can be competitive. If they are very cheap then people may buy theirs rather than yours but if you charge less than them you risk not making a profit. It is therefore really important to find the right price.
How Should I make my Products Sell for More?
It is also worth making sure that you do everything you can to make your products sell for as much as possible. There are things that you can do to make them more appealing. Make sure that you have really good photographs of them and that they show the product form lots of angles. Make sure that the description is really details so buyers know exactly what they are getting. Make the postage costs reasonable. You could also add on items to make them more appealing such as offering a free bookmark with a book, free clothes with a doll or offers for buying items in bulk. It is also really important to make sure that the site you sell them through has a good reputation. If people do not trust the site, they will not be prepared to send money using them. This is either because they will be suspicious that their financial details will not be safe or that they will not be sent the items that they have paid for. There are plenty of things that you can do to make the items look better quality and more appealing.READ MORE