It can often be the case that we need luxury items, such as clothes but cannot justify buying them. It might be that we will be able to save up to buy them but it is not always that easy to work out what we need to do in order to do this. There are some ideas below.
- Know how much money you need – it is wise to start by thinking about what clothing you want and how much it costs. It is better to have an amount to aim for rather than just considering getting some money and then seeing what you can get. You could end up disappointed if you work hard to save up some money and then find that you still do not have enough. Obviously, if it takes you a long time to save, the specific clothing may no longer be available but the price of similar items is likely to be quite similar still.
- Check savings account – many people will not bother to look at their savings when they are thinking of budgeting for something new. They might feel that they need the savings for a real emergency or they might be saving up for something specific. Some people might not even realise that they have enough in their savings account to cover the cost. Therefore, it is worth taking a look at what you have and giving some thought to whether you want to use that money.
- Consider borrowing – you might decide that you want to borrow the money that you need. If you need the clothes urgently, perhaps for an occasion that is coming up or for work, then you may not be able to wait until you can save up. You can still use budgeting though. You will need to take out a loan for as little as possible and make sure that you can afford the repayments. Make sure that you budget carefully so that you can afford the repayments until the loan is paid off in full.
- Always compare prices – when you are buying things always compare the prices. Whether you are buying electricity or a new phone, food or petrol it is good to compare prices so that you never pay more than necessary. Every but of money that you save will be able to go towards your new clothing. Some of the savings you might want to keep up with and so you can always pay less but some things you may find you prefer the more expensive versions as they are better quality. You will not know until you try though.
- Only buy what you need – we all buy more than we need. There are often things that tempt us when we are shopping or we go out to buy things that we like or want rather than need. This is fine when you can afford it but if you cannot then it is something that you need to be careful of. You need to think hard about each purchase. It could be that it is something you really want to have or that you need but you can wait a while for it. This means that you could wait until after you have bought the clothes that you need. Or it could be that you decide you do not really need it very much at all and will be able to go without it entirely.
- Look for earning opportunities – it can be handy to also look out for opportunities to earn a bit more money. There are plenty of possibilities but it all depends on whether you have the time to do it. You can look online or offline and look for temporary, freelance or other types of work. This will allow you to have a bit more income which will help you to afford the clothing that you need.
As you can see there are plenty of things that you can try which will enable you to be able to afford the clothing that you need. It will depend on how much it costs and how many you can do as to how quickly you can get them. Borrowing will always be an option if you need them really quickly but otherwise there are different things that you can do to help you to save up the money. Just remember to keep focussed and remind yourself why you are being so careful with your money so that you do not accidently spend it on something else. It can turn out to be quite fun as you can get a lot of pleasure out of realising that you have worked hard to get something. When you go to buy it, you know that you really deserve it and it can be a really good thrill.